Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some Writing.

by Daniel Purvis

A quick post on a few pieces of mine that have appeared around the place this past week.

A piece I wrote several months ago has finally appeared on Kill Screen about the Modern Warfare trilogy and how despite its ultimately mediocre story, it tells it remarkably by understanding how easily interchangeable playable characters are. The artwork accompanying the piece (above) is by the ever-awesome Daniel Purvis. Purvis is hands down my favourite illustrators working in the videogame press and it's always a privilege to have him illustrate one of my pieces.

I wrote about Fez at Unwinnable, talking specifically about how the game made me think about what it must be like to experience a world beyond the one your own senses is able to perceive.

My last "You Know What I Love?" piece at Games On Net (almost a fortnight ago now) was all about playing games slow, and the unique satisfaction inherent in a game designed for such a play tempo.

And for the Australians among you, in the latest issue of Hyper (#224, with Max Payne 3 on the cover) I have an extensive preview of Medal of Honor: Warfighter that tries to address my uncomfortableness at the game's claims to unrealism. It includes a face-to-face interview with the game's executive producer, Greg Goodrich which I am quite happy with.

So there you go. As always, would love to hear what you think about any of these pieces.


1 comment:

Harris Dejesus said...

Greetings! this is a phenomenal article you allowed amazing data. A commitment of appreciation is all together for giving such incredible instructive data. I trust you will course again such kind of post. Additionally, expecting nobody cares, regardless, look at outside social event building works out. Is it certified that you are searching for redirection simply resolve exercises to get your assistants of the workplace? Look at the profile of outdoor team building.